Associates in Quality: E-xcellence Associates Label
With E-xcellence, EADTU is leading a European movement on QA in e-learning. More specifically, the building of an e-learning benchmarking community of Associates in Quality. The E-xcellence Associates are focusing on the improvement of four priority elements of progressive higher education: Accessibility, Flexibility, Interactiveness and Personalization.
The E-xcellence quality benchmarking instrument supports universities in enhancing their Online, Open and Flexible (OOF) education at programme, faculty and institutional level
In this respect E-xcellence is:
- an enhancement instrument for improving university’s online, open and flexible (OOF) performance; it is a tool and manual to assess current performance and offer guidance for improvement;
- a reference instrument for universities starting with blended education at institutional level;
- a branding instrument for those universities that have the E-xcellence label;
- promoting the quality aspects of state of the art online, open and flexible education;
- a community of associates in quality, facilitated to share good practices;
- a partner for universities as well as QA-agencies to give reference on state of the art OOF education.
Universities are stimulated to improve their e-learning performance by a guided self-assessment. This assessment can be a stand-alone exercise for the higher education institution, leading to a first insight in fields of improvement. The approach can be extended with a review at a distance or on-site from e-learning experts. This extension is formalised in an E-xcellence Associates label.
The E-xcellence Associates label is not a label for proven excellence but rather a label for institutions/faculties using the E-xcellence instrument for self-assessment and take measures of improvement accordingly.
Platform and network opportunities
This label was established to reward the efforts of universities in a continuous process of improving their e-learning performance and offer them the platform and networking opportunities to meet virtually with peers and experts in the field. On their part universities can present their fields of expertise as well to this community.